Why am I so invested in my sister's personality?
Other people don't affect me that way. I am quite content to live and let live, but she tweaks all sorts of feelings in me.
After I talk to her on the phone I often feel unsettled. I even have a stomach ache! It makes no sense.
She and I are polar opposites.
Thinking is not her strong suit. She likes moving. Mowing the yard, doing repetitive chores like cleaning spots off of floors and windows. She has a job basically helping older people with showering and dressing. Her hobby is shopping. She really does not seem to focus on anything else. She appears to be content.
She also does not seem to understand things I say to her. She says she was going to buy ice cream and bring it to me, but was afraid I'd have a doctor's appointment or be mad at her!. I am a type two diabetic who is trying to extend and control my diabetes and stage four kidney disease with diet. I seldom have medical appointments more than once every other month. I suggested she just call and ask me, that I wouldn't be mad, but it would make my life more difficult to avoid the temptation of ice cream in my freezer.
She does not need to justify what she buys, yet she does with reasons that don't hold water. I don't remember her being this way most of our lives and yet we seldom lived in the same city and I have to admit that shopping has always been her go to. She has no other hobbies. It has always been about buying or collecting.
I tell myself that there are millions of people like her in the world and there is really nothing inherently wrong with them. They just don't have the same values I have, but for some reason I don't deal with her well.
No comments:
Post a Comment