Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Compassion

 

I am trying to be more understanding and compassionate of those people who make me uncomfortable.

I have been working on myself most of my life, but that does not seem to be something everyone tries to do. 

They want to be more beautiful, richer, happier, but they base all of that on popular opinion. Other people's opinions.

As a young person that is understandable, but as I age I find myself wanting something deeper, richer, more satisfying to me since I live with myself.

I guess I am fortunate. I've had periods in my life where money was not much of an issue, but health has always been one in some way.

Imagine people who believe all their lives that if they just had enough money they would be happy. Then they have enough, actually more than enough, although they don't believe it, but they discover they are still not happy.

They seem to believe that if they can just buy the right things their lives will come together. And of course they could, but they require more than a life cluttered with stuff. That stuff has to mean something to them and more importantly, they must believe in themselves.

Feeling content, or satisfied is an amazing feeling. Feeling blessed is even better! 

You may be able to purchase masses to get you into heaven, but the road will be full of potholes dug by your own psychie. Only you can fill those holes.

I feel sorry for them.



No comments: