What is it that attracts people to each other?
Sometimes it is as mundane as beauty. The evenness of their features, the color of their hair or eyes, or even the shape of their body.
At other times it is deeper. The way their intellect connects with ours, or their emotional reactions match what we are familiar with. It can even be their mastery of some talent that draws us in.
But sometimes there is an unreasonable attraction that goes beyond understanding.
I have experienced this a few times in my life. I meet a person who draws me in for some inexplicable reason I cannot figure out. No amount of rationalizing or remembering can attach whatever it is to something in my life.
That is when I wonder if the idea that we are all souls here on earth for some reason or other and that eventually we will go "home" to whatever is greater than us, could be possible. Maybe those people whose faces mean nothing to us, but who call us to them are simply from that time before and after our manifestation in a body.
These could be the kindred spirits that have been close to us, or part of us for all eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment