Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Courting disaster

 

I have had two strange experiences lately. Each around 1:30 AM when I am awakened from a deep sleep. The first was the circle of women I saw with toddlers standing out by the lamp in the driveway.

The other was last Friday when I was awakened by flashing lights in the window near my bed. I've seen lights like that before when an ambulance was called, so I got up to look closer.

There was a fire truck backed up to the east side of the front door and five or six firemen in fire hats and coats hustling around. 

I remember I thought it was strange because one fireman was lying on the sidewalk in a fetal position and I wondered if this was some sort of re-enactment like they do at airports practicing for disasters. Another fireman dropped to one knee near this man and pointed out towards the fire truck.

I really needed to go to the bathroom so I left and when I got back they were all gone!

Now there was a huge thunder and lightning storm going on.

I don't remember seeing any ambulance or hearing any sirens and I am truly doubting what was as clear as day to me at the time.

Have I become such a sound sleeper that I can be aware of walking around, but actually dreaming? I really don't understand.



No comments: